Thursday, July 28, 2011

MY very own 2nd grade classroom! :)

I am so excited to share with my blog teacher friends my completed classroom! In my last post I was super overwhelmed and just starting my crazy journey of transforming my room..and now I get to share it with you all!

It took me 5 days, 6 hours each day to finally finish it all...but once it was complete I felt like a huge weight was lifted off my shoulders. Our principal choses a school wide theme every year, Ours this year is "Oh the places you'll go" by Dr. Suess...and our school motto is a line from the book, "You're off to great places". SO I am warning you now, I went a little crazy with quotes from the book all over my room. But I figured the kids would love it!

Here is my room... :)

This is the front of my room...not everything was finished at this point but it's the best shot of the front I have.

My student work will go here! 
Team Work is for team points....My classroom helpers and then the "Today is your day" is my behavior management system. (Similar to the clip charts I've seen all over blogs, but I changed it a little)

The back of my room,  my reading wall and my ADORABLE banner from Parkers Prints. Go check her out! :)

My desk and bulletin boards

This is my finished room with a few labeled book bins. All of those other books were given to me by the previous teacher, I will one day have all of them in bins as well!

Math, Writing and Homeworkopoly!

Goodies on my desk...I painted my pencil jar at As you Wish and the adorable block sign is from one of my best friends!

Student supplies and easel..I'm still searching for the perfect place for my easel.

Larger shot of my room.

My DIBELS chart...very "Oh the places you go" :)

Calendar area



Well...thats all for now. I am SO excited to have my room finished and I cant wait to add the little extras I have before my kiddos come in just 11 days! :)

3 comments:

  1. It looks fabulous! You will love that you got it all organized once school begins. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your room is ADORABLE! So bright and cheery! Love that awesome feeling of having all the big stuff done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're classroom is super cute! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete